Apply to Serve on The Right Time Advisory Committee
Missouri Family Health Council, Inc. seeks applications from persons interested in serving on The Right Time Advisory Committee for a minimum two-year term, beginning in March 2019. To read more about this body and access the application, please click here. Applicants must submit a completed application to TheRightTime@mfhc.org no later than Friday, March 15, 2019, at 5 p.m. in order to be considered. Please note that in order to save text added to a fillable PDF, you need to download and save the document prior to filling it out.
The Right Time is a six-year initiative, funded by Missouri Foundation for Health, that is based on the simple belief that everyone should have the opportunity to pursue the future they want, including if, when, and under what circumstances to get pregnant. Recognizing that decision always rest with the patient, the effort – through education and awareness – aims to empower individuals to take control of their own health by improving information about, and removing barriers to, contraceptive services. With a focus on health disparities, the goal of The Right Time is to reduce Missouri’s unintended pregnancy rate by 10 percent.
The Right Time has three key parts:
- Working with health care professionals to increase the supply and availability of the full range of quality contraceptive services and reduce barriers to quality care
- Reaching women and families in need of information and options and empowering patients to make informed decisions through education and awareness
- Galvanizing individuals and stakeholders to support and influence factors essential to providing accessible, high-quality contraceptive care
Outcomes of the Initiative
- Missouri women and families empowered in their own health care decisions
- Increased capacity in the areas of contraceptive counseling, clinic flow analysis, and billing and coding
- Increased availability of same-day contraception
- Development of best practices for inventory management to support same day, onsite availability of a broad range of contraceptive methods
- Improved financial sustainability through the reduction and elimination of policy barriers
- Reduction in unintended pregnancy and health disparities in Missouri