Federal Legislative Priorities
MFHC is committed to defending against Federal attacks on the Title X network. Title X, the nation’s only dedicated federal source of family planning resources, helps states and local communities provide high-quality family planning care and education, including contraception, counseling, STD services, and cancer screenings to poor and low-income women and men. In total, between FY 2010-FY 2015, funding for Title X was cut by $30.5 million – a 10% reduction. MFHC works closely with federal policymakers and stakeholders to ensure the continuation of Title X funds.
Missouri Legislative Priorities
MFHC, along with our partners, advocate for legislation that aligns with our mission. Below are some of the issues we’re committed to:
- Ensuring funding for the Women’s Health Services Program
- Improving sexual health education laws in Missouri
- Extending postpartum Medicaid coverage
- Advocating for needle exchange programs, which have been proven to reduce sexually transmitted infection (STI) rates
- Expanding access to long-acting reversible contraception (LARC)
- Missouri Family Health Council is proud to advocate for programs that will keep the health care safety net safe. To learn more, visit our partners at the Missouri Health Partnership.
Tell Congress to Support Title X!
Contact your Representatives
In Missouri, the Title X network served 43,640 women, men, and adolescents in 2016 with high-quality, confidential, and comprehensive family planning services.
Tell Congress that we cannot afford to undercut the Title X National Family Planning Program. Act today by sending a letter to your representatives.