Join Missouri Family Health Council (MFHC) and other family planning supporters for a day of advocacy at the Missouri State Capitol on Wednesday, April 4, 2018, from 9:30am to 3pm.
We will meet in House Hearing Room 2 (Capitol basement) for a brief advocacy primer, then break out into teams to visit legislators to educate on the importance of:
- Ensuring funding for the Women’s Health Services Program
- Improving sexual health education laws in Missouri
- Extending postpartum Medicaid coverage
- Expanding access to long-acting reversible contraception (LARC), and
- Encouraging support for needle exchange programs, which have been proven to reduce sexually transmitted infection (STI) rates
For questions, contact MFHC’s Director of Policy, Erin Elliott, or register below. We hope to see you on April 4!